Friday, December 28, 2007

Take Your Pink Slip and MAke the Best of It

When your employer tells you to pack your luggage and hit the road it is a bad day, or is it? For many getting fired can be devastating, but it may just be the best thing that ever happened to you. I know from experience that getting laid off many times has really changed the way I think about earning money. I decided long ago that putting my job security in the hands of people that can take it away as fast as they gave it to me wasn't going to work. I just didn't want to have to worry every year about losing my job because the company I work for wasn't able to manage its employees well enough to provide them with any sort of security.

Inc.com writes an article about how turning a bad situation into a great one. Harry Potter creator J.K. Rowling and other entrepreneurs launched successful ventures only after losing their day jobs. Who knew getting fired could be a great career move? Read more here.

0 comments: