Tuesday, April 03, 2012

You Want to Annoy People With Text Marketing?

I'm not sure about you, but this is one form of marketing I put absolutely no stock into. I won't even read a spam text if I get one no matter who it is from. Do others? Apparently so since text marketing is being used by many.

I get very few of these, but when I do it is nothing but an annoyance, and the first thing I think of is: "How the hell did this person get my number, and how to I prevent them from sending me more texts?".

Here's an article on how to use them effectively, but honestly, I don't think there is a way to market this way to me. Even if I were looking for some sweet Luminox watches, sending me pics of them is not likely to get me to go onto the website if it is sent to my phone.

Not only is it a hassle to get them, but not everyone has unlimited texting plans so getting a bunch of spam texts is something that could completely backfire for you. Others don't even have internet on their phones still (This is a lot more common than I think people realize). If I got a text and it cost me extra money due to it going over my text limit someone would be getting some serious wrath from me about it. Not just a phone call either. I'd make sure I spread the word about your marketing tactics. So...you still want to text market?

0 comments: