Sunday, January 21, 2007

Conn. woman, 114, oldest on record

Becoming the oldest person alive means that someone older just died. Either way meeting someone who is still functional at this age of 114 has to be incredible. I learned a long time ago that if you happen to meet someone who is much older than you to just sit back and listen to them talk. It is unbelivable the kinds of things that they have done and what you can learn from them. If I'm sitting at a bar, or any public place and happen to see an older guy at the bar I usually just pull up next to them at the bar and buy them a drink. Most times they can keep you entertained for hours. Veterans are my avorite people to talk to and I give them my utmost respect when they are around. I pretty much feel they can do whatever they want after what they have done.

HARTFORD, Conn. - A 114-year-old Connecticut resident who was born to former slaves in North Carolina has become the world's oldest known woman after the death this week of a Canadian woman.

Emma Faust Tillman, born Nov. 22, 1892, became the oldest validated female "supercentenarian" in the world when 115-year-old Julie Winnifred Bertrand of Montreal, Canada, died in her sleep early Thursday.

Full Story

0 comments: