Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Teens and Drugs and Getting on with Life

This post is going to discuss something serious between the jokes. I posted those jokes as a way to show that even after I quit drinking and using drugs that I can still laugh at the same things anyone that does drink and do drugs does. Quitting them all doesn't really make you some boring person after you change. By the time you get to the position I was in the change is so good that you will wonder why you wasted so many years doing it. I set myself back a long time by using and abusing alcohol and drugs. You may think that quitting would cost me a lot of friends. Actually that is far from the case. I found out who my true friends were and gained a ton more. I didn't even lose the friends I used to get blasted with. All that happened is that I feel better about myself and actually get crap done now instead of feeling like I wanted to sleep for 2 days to get the junk out of my sytem.

I don't like to live in the past, but htere are a lot of things that I screwed up while abusing drugs. I could be so much further in life than I am now. I am just getting to where I want to be and I would say that I am at least 5 years behind schedule.

There are ways to get out of the life if you want to. You have to want to and be strong enough to do so. Especially before you get yourself into serious trouble not only healthwise, but with the law. Never too early to turn it around. Yeah the stuff is fun for a while, but if you can't control it you will be SCREWED later in life because of the abuse.

Echo Malibu has a unique and positive approach to helping adolescents who need help recovering from drug, alcohol or behavioral problems. The staff is extremely well educated and dedicated to improving the lives of the kids who need someone who will listen to them and help them get back to enjoying life without drugs or alcohol. Teen drug rehab is out there, but you have to have the will to accept the help. If it is your kids you have to be strong enough to talk to them about it. Kids will respond to the truth. Forcing them to do anything like this is not going to help in most cases. They need to understand what is happening to them and you need to be there to support them.

0 comments: