Wednesday, August 31, 2011

10 Things to Thank Steve Jobs For

If you haven't heard yet, Steve Jobs, founder of Apple Computers, is stepping down as the CEO of the company. While Apple is a company that brings love and scorn from its detractors, nobody can deny that they have developed some of the most innovative and interesting products over the years.

While personally I prefer to still use a Windows computer due to the value and the compatibility. Not to mention it can do more things. That doesn't mean I am not well immersed into the Apple culture anyways. I still own an iPod Touch, as well as owned an iPhone. At some point I will probably own an iPad as well. I think if you looked at what I used daily, my Windows computer and my iPod are the two things other than my TV, my foose custom wheels, and my cell phone I use every single day. In fact I use my iPod to fall to sleep with and play video games on it when I am in the "library".

I've been downloading music since Napster was invented. Not pay NApster, but before they got shut down. Having .mp3s that I would burn to disc to listen to in my car, and anywhere else. Music I likely never would have heard if it weren't for Napster. Apple gave us a way to carry thousands of songs with the iPod and totally changed the way DJ's ran events for good.

Here is an article that thanks Steve Jobs for his time with Apple entitled : 10 Things to Thank Steve Jobs For.

0 comments: