Thursday, February 22, 2007

New Jobless Claims Fall Sharply

Well this is great news for everyone except us that live in Michigan I assume. I can't believe most of these reports just because I know how bad it still is here. Michigan as a while is losing jobs and employers like crazy as far as I'm concerned no matter what these reports say. A lot of people lost their jobs at some companies that shipped their jobs down to Mexico recently so I am still a bit skeptical that the job market here is on the up and up.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The number of laid-off workers filing for unemployment benefits dropped sharply last week after having been driven higher the previous week by storm-related layoffs.
The Labor Department reported that applications for jobless benefits totaled 332,000 last week, down by 27,000 from the previous week.

read more...

0 comments: