Sunday, July 10, 2011

STill Have Crappy Jobs to Hire for that the Desperate Don't Even Want?

You would think that hiring for ANY job right now would be a piece of cake wouldn't you? Even at bargain rates of pay there are so many unemployed around the country that it seems as if almost any job you post would get plenty of interest. Apparently, some jobs are so bad that employers actually are having a hard time filling them.

Well...this job might not be the most enticing:

Take entrepreneur Cassie Piasecki, 42, who had to hire preppers at her Southern California nail salon to carry heavy tubs of water, then clean them, along with tools and towels, of dead skin and nail clippings after pedicures.

"It was a gross job," says Piasecki, who has since closed her salon. "I did my hiring two ways. I used Craigslist to put a detailed description of the prepper job. I didn't want to surprise applicants by the job duties or the pay. I wanted them to know exactly what they were getting into. And, the other way was word of mouth. Either a client or a friend of an employee. They would usually relay the job duties to the friend."

I think I'd rather forgo my surge protectors and just stick a metal fork in a wall socket. If you have jobs like this that you can't hire for take a look at some tips on how to get someone to do the job for you.

0 comments: